We all love to take time away from our lives and go on vacation. Sometimes, this also means bringing our pets on vacation with us. If you are staying at one of our luxury vacation rentals, there are a few things that you will find helpful if your vacation plans include your pets. While we love a lot of different animals, our policies only allow for dogs to be in the homes.
Many of our vacation rentals do allow pets, but not all of them do. Those that do permit them don’t always have the same pet fee. We’ve created an easy chart for you to see those differences.
Serendipity Deux, Island Zen and SunKissed Cottage are not equipped to host your pets. The homes that do permit pets have fenced yards so your pet can enjoy some time in the Florida sun just like you. In all cases, the pet fee is non-refundable.
Aside from the pet fee, there is an agreement that the guest fills out that outlines all of the policies for pets. A few that are notable include:
· Your pet will wear an identification tag at all times.
· The guest is responsible for cleaning up after their pet and properly disposing of waste.
· Pet may not be left unattended for extended periods of time and may not be left unattended on balconies or patios.
· The dogs are not allowed on the furniture at any time.
· All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival.
· Guests agree to keep their pet from being unnecessarily noisy or aggressive and causing any
annoyance or discomfort to others.
· Food and water may not be left outside. It can attract our local wildlife.
Other guidelines are listed on the agreement and may be previewed on request.
Dogs on the Beach
With the exception of service dogs, Manatee County does not allow dogs on the beach. The is a dog park on Anna Maria Island that you are welcome to visit.
About the dogs
There are a few guidelines regarding the dogs that are permitted:
· The dog must be at least 1 year or older.
· Must be spayed or neutered.
· They must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. A heartworm preventative is highly recommended in Florida.
· We are not able to allow any breed that is considered aggressive. Breeds include Akita, Malamute, Chow, Doberman, German Sheperd, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, Husky, Bull Terrier, Wolf Hybrids, Mastiff, and Cane Corso.
These are some of the things to consider when bringing your pets on vacation to one of our luxury rentals. We can’t wait to host your visit. To get the complete pet agreement or if you have more questions contact us and our local experts can help.
Be the First to Know
Sign up for our Newsletter and be the first to know about our updates and promotions.
We’ll make sure your next vacation is relaxing and fun!